Jennifer Hudson PERFORMS Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ at the Grammys

The performance we’ve all been waiting for has finally came and there are no words that can do this justice, so we’ll just let the performance speak for itself.
The 30-year-old singer performed a sweet and simple rendition of the classic song “I Will Always Love You” in a tribute to the late singer Whitney Houston.

It was announced last night shortly afterWhitney‘s death that Jennifer would perform a tribute performance during the Grammys.

Jennifer‘s performance followed an In Memoriam segment that honored such talents as Amy Winehouse, Clarence Clemons, and Steve Jobs.

Check out the video below:

Jen did an amazing job with the tribute. R.I.P Whitney Houston

1. BaByGiRl26

February 13, 2012 at 6:22 am

Jennifer did a wonderful job, and I know how hard it was. I was asked to sing at the funeral of my pastor, and I was so emotional, I couldn’t finish the song because I started crying. I’ve always regretted that I couldn’t rise to the occasion when it counted, but I’m not a professional singer. I just sang occasionally in church. In the final months before his death, he asked me several times to sing his favorite song for his funeral, and he always said that if he didn’t jump out of the casket to give me a hug and a kiss, then we’d all know he was truly gone. Of course, I remembered that while singing, and when I realized he would never again give me a hug and a kiss, I just lost it. So since then, I’ve always admired those who are able to put aside their own grief and pain and rise to the occasion, because it’s incredibly hard. Bravo, Jennifer, bravo.

February 13, 2012 at 6:23 am

Best vocals of the night. Period.

3. The TRUTH

February 13, 2012 at 6:23 am

Such a brilliant voice and classy tribute.

February 13, 2012 at 6:26 am

She sang great. Always loved her. Well done 🙂

5. quincy

February 13, 2012 at 6:26 am

She did a great job, but no one signs that song as well as Whitney. And probably no one ever will. Her voice had a lightness to it that carried that song to another level.

6. Enough

February 13, 2012 at 6:27 am

mediocre or less
    where are the great talents of now?
    Adele, beyonce Jay z- brusce springsteen- john mayer ryan adams- those people can really sing

7. Barbie DOll

February 13, 2012 at 6:27 am

No one said she was trying to sing like, or be Whitney. Shut up people. She asked what was done of her, gave a tribute to an idol of hers. Jeez.

8. tikitime

February 13, 2012 at 6:28 am

@Enough: NONE of the ppl you just mentioned could have done better than Jennifer. The closest would have been Beyonce, but she would have made it all about her. You’re an ignorant twat.

9. The Diva 2191

February 13, 2012 at 6:28 am

Well, if anyone was going to do it, i’m glad it was Jennifer Hudson because she can actually sing unlike some others… (i’m looking at you Adele) …without you being uncomfortable her voice will break.
    Jennifer makes it so you can relax because you know she has control over her voice and can go high and low and in between, basically, she has range. She’s not Whitney but then, who is? No one. So give her a break, she’s the best we have at the moment.

10. Opinion

February 13, 2012 at 6:28 am

great tribute. she did her way and it was respectful and moving.