The funeral services for Whitney Houston have begun at New
Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ. Also NJ Gov. Chris Christie has ordered for all state buildings
to fly flags at half-staff today in honor of Whitney Houston.
Stevie Wonder is expected to sing “Ribbon In The Sky.”
R. Kelly, Kim Burrell, BeBe Winans and
Alicia Keys are all expected to sing.
- Bobby Brown, Brandy and Ray J have all
arrived at the church.
- The Houston family has arrived. They are all dressed in
- Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King have arrived
- Mariah Carey has arrived.
- Bobbi Kristina has arrived.
- The Minister of Music said, “We gonna have church today.”
- Mayor Cory Booker (Newark, NJ) said “We are here to
celebrate her life. We love you Whitney Houston.”
- Bobby Brown was seen comforting a family member who was
Houston’s godmother, Aretha Franklin, and Stevie Wonder have been asked to perform at the service. But Aretha has pulled out of performing at the funeral due to illness. People reports that her Bodyguard co-star, Kevin Costner, and long-time record producer, Clive Davis, will speak at the funeral. Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick is helping the family with arrangements for the event.
Chaka Khan, Diane Warren, Reverend Jesse Jackson, Darlene Love, and Ray J (the rapper whom Houston had been dating before she died) are in attendance.