Connect
To Top

Paula Deen Talks Life After ‘Racial’ Scandal: ‘I’m Still Alive’

Last June (2013), Queen of Southern cooking, Paula Deen, found herself to be persona non grata to many companies who once enthusiastically sold her wares after she admitted to using racial slurs and hosting slavery parties in the past.

While many thought she wouldn’t live to see a new year after the Food Network, Walmart, Target, Smithfield Foods, QVC, Novo Nordisk and Sears were among several other companies that severed ties with the cook, author and TV host. She has emerged giving her first magazine interview, “life after a racial scandal.”

The 67-year-old “Queen of Butter” says that was her lowest point in life and struggled just to get out of bed in the mornings. “When I woke up each morning, it was like my world was crashing down again,” she reveals.

SEE ALSO: Stacey Dash Is At It Again!.. Backs Paula Deen & Her Racial Slurs!

Nine months later, things are now looking up for Deen — who has a new company called, Paula Deen Ventures, and has received investments between $75 million and $100 million from Najari Companies, The Wall Street Journal reports.

“I’m fighting to get my name back,” she says. “I used to have dreams that I lost everything. And when it finally happens, you think, ‘I’m still alive,'” she added.

Paula Deen’s full interview with People’s magazine hit newsstands this Friday.

As previously reported, Paula opened up to People magazine about life after her infamous scandal last year, when she admitted in a 2013 deposition that she had used the N-word a “very long time” ago.

Deen herself said she was beyond devastated by her sudden descent into disgrace. And a tearful apology on the Today show did little to stop the bleeding.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in latest